- Describe the functions performed within the decontamination area.
- Outline the standards required for a high-quality decontamination process.
- Identify employee health and safety considerations associated with the decontamination process.
- Understand the appropriate dress code and the role of PPE as it relates to OSHA regulations and employee safety and health.
- Describe the procedures that must be followed and the precautions that must be observed during the preparation and use of cleaning agents used in the decontamination process.
- Identify the cleaning methods and equipment used in reprocessing medical devices.