- Describe microbial inactivation in the sterilization process.
- List the categories of medical devices for which each sterilization method is suitable.
- Know the parameters of the various sterilization processes used in healthcare facilities.
- Describe physical, chemical, and biological monitoring systems and how to use them.
- Explain the reasons for the occurrence of wet packs in the steam sterilization process.
- Develop the steps in an acceptable recall protocol.
- Discuss the documentation needed for sterilization.
- Describe safety precautions associated with each sterilization method.
- Identify quality control and product testing procedures.