Surgical Instruments and Special Devices II
- Discuss the materials used to manufacture surgical instruments.
- Describe the categories and types of surgical instruments.
- Understand the structure and grades (quality) of surgical instruments.
- Understand the various types of equipment and materials available to test instruments and how they are used.
- Describe the inspection processes that should be performed to ensure the proper and safe working order of surgical instruments.
- Discuss special considerations associated with orthopedic and spinal sets, powered equipment, endoscopes, dental, insulated, and microsurgical instruments, and other specialty items.