The Basics of Flexible Endoscope Reprocessing Textbook 3rd ed. is not required with the course.
The course is self-paced, so the user determines the time frame for completion.
Two easy ways to pay: All at once or purchase each module, one by one ($29.00 each).
Newly updated content!
To purchase the modules one by one, please scroll to the middle of this page.
When the candidate purchases the module(s) for the course and completes the payment process, the person will be prompted to create an online account. This is how the person will access the module information.
ABOUT THIS EDUCATION COURSE
This online training course is an educational course. It is NOT a certification program. Upon successful completion of any SPU course, you will receive a Certificate of COMPLETION, which is not certification.
If you are interested in certification, contact the Certification Board for Sterile Processing or HSPA.
This education course is designed for employees working in any healthcare facility (hospital, surgery center, doctor's office, etc.) performing reprocessing of flexible GI endoscopes and/or bronchoscopes. This course is designed for those already processing flexible GI scopes and bronchoscopes or newly hired. With all of the attention placed on correct reprocessing of all medical devices, especially flexible endoscopes, this education is essential for the safety of your patients and to prevent damage to your expensive endoscopes! This course will help you to understand the care, handling and testing of flexible endoscopes. It will also help educate you in the best practices and most current recommendations for the profession. If you are not currently working in an Endoscopy Center, it is advisable that you volunteer your time at a center to get hands-on experience.
Provides education in the core competencies areas of Endoscope Reprocessing.
Provides knowledge with the most current standards and practices.
Facilitates your responding to questions from surveyors when inspections are held.
Can lead to fewer errors in processing and unnecessary rework.
Can reduce repair costs to your scopes and equipment.
Can facilitate becoming certified in flexible endoscope reprocessing.
The GI Scope course is based on The Basics of Flexible Endoscope Reprocessing Textbook, 3rd edition, and is comprised of 11 modules and a final exam.
The total cost of course: $350
Pay-as-you-go: Purchase a module for $29.00 each
The modules are to be taken in a specific order, as each module builds on the information learned from the previous one. There are 11 modules and a final exam. Each module consists of study material and a quiz. Results are displayed after finishing each module quiz. The modules are stored in the user's account, so that the person can refer to them at a later date, if needed.
To purchase all the modules at once, please click on the red button:
If you'd like the pay-as-you-go option, please choose the module(s) from the selection below and add it to the shopping cart. Complete your purchase. You will be prompted to create an online account. The module(s) will be stored in your account.
- 1: Rules, Regulations and Safety
- 2: Anatomy & Physiology
- 3: Microbiology
- 4: Infection Prevention
- 5: Flexible Endoscopes: Types, Medical Procedures & Structures
- 6: Workplace Design & Employee Safety in Endoscope Reprocessing
- 7: Cleaning Principles and Methods
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL of these modules are copyrighted. No one is permitted to copy or use any of the module information for personal use outside of this course at any time in any format (electronic, copy, etc).
Current registrants: If you are currently enrolled in our Online Flexible Endoscope Reprocessing Educational Course, we strongly recommend that you converge to the updated course material. Please reach out to a friendly team member for further guidance.
Our Online Flexible Endoscope Reprocessing Educational Course has been completely updated to all Guidelines (e.g. AORN, CDC, SGNA) and standards (ANSI/AAMI ST-91, 2021). This course will enable readers to learn about:
- Rules, Regulations
- Anatomy, Physiology, Infection Prevention
- The challenges with reprocessing flexible endoscopes
- Recommended point of use treatment and transport of used endoscopes
- Leak testing
- Manual cleaning
- Manual and automated high-level disinfection and disinfectants
- Safe use of the chemicals used to clean and high-level disinfect or liquid chemical sterilization of endoscopes
- Inspection and testing protocols for flexible endoscopes
10. Use of ancillary equipment (e.g. automated flushing devices)
11. Processing of endoscope accessories
12. Transport of high-level disinfected, liquid chemically sterilized endoscopes or terminally sterilized endoscopes to the point of use or storage
13. Storage of Flexible Endoscopes
15. Quality Assurance
16. Medical terminology
17. Signs and symbols used in processing
- Ensure Your Endoscopy Staff is educated. This program ensures staff receive education on international GI/Endo practices as recommended by AAMI.
- Each module and the final exam cost $29 each or $350 total. You do not pay for the entire course upfront, (but we give you the option if you want). You pay for each module as you go, making this more affordable for you. There is no time limit for completion of the course. You learn at your own pace.
- The regular price for courses like this ranges from $500 to over $1,000. This online course only costs $350, saving you a minimum of $150!
- There are no refunds, prices subject to change. Credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) accepted.