ABOUT THIS EDUCATION COURSE
This online training course is an educational course. It is NOT a certification program. Upon successful completion of any SPU course, you will receive a Certificate of COMPLETION, which is not certification.
If you are interested in certification, contact the Certification Board for Sterile Processing or IAHCSMM.
This education course is designed for employees working in any healthcare facility (hospital, surgery center, doctor's office, etc.) performing reprocessing of flexible GI endoscopes and/or bronchoscopes. This course is designed for those already processing flexible GI scopes and bronchoscopes or newly hired. With all of the attention placed on correct reprocessing of all medical devices, especially flexible endoscopes, this education is essential for the safety of your patients and to prevent damage to your expensive endoscopes! This course will help you to understand the care, handling and testing of flexible endoscopes. It will also help educate you in the best practices and most current recommendations for the profession. If you are not currently working in an Endoscopy Center, it is advisable that you volunteer your time at a center to get hands-on experience.
Provides education in the core competencies areas of Endoscope Reprocessing.
Provides knowledge with the most current standards and practices.
Facilitates your responding to questions from surveyors when inspections are held.
Can lead to fewer errors in processing and unnecessary rework.
Can reduce repair costs to your scopes and equipment.
Can facilitate becoming certified in flexible endoscope reprocessing.
- Ensure Your Endoscopy Staff is educated. This program ensures staff receive education on international GI/Endo practices as recommended by AAMI.
- Each module and the final exam cost $25 each or $350 total. You do not pay for the entire course upfront, (but we give you the option if you want). You pay for each module as you go, making this more affordable for you. There is no time limit for completion of the course. You learn at your own pace.
- The regular price for courses like this ranges from $500 to over $1,000. This online course only costs $350, saving you a minimum of $150!
- There are no refunds, prices subject to change. Credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) accepted.
• Each module and the final exam cost $25 each or $350 total. You do not pay for the entire course upfront, (but we give you the option if you want). You pay for each module as you go, making this more affordable for you. There is no time limit for completion of the course. You learn at your own pace.
- At the end of each module, there is a quiz. The user is required to take all of the quizzes.
- There is a final exam at the end of the modules. A score of 70% or higher must be scored in order to award the certificate in education.
- If the user doesn't pass the final exam, then the final exam module will need to be purchased again.
- This education course caters to those just entering the GI/Endo profession or in contemplation of becoming certified. The Flexible Endoscope Reprocessing Course is meant for those working in Endoscopy or process scopes at a hospital/facility.
The GI Scope course is based off of the Basics of Flexible Endoscope Reprocessing Textbook, 2nd edition, and is comprised of 13 modules and a final exam.
Total cost of course: $350
Pay-as-you-go: Purchase a module for $25.00 each
The modules are to be taken in a specific order, as each module builds on the information learned from the previous one. There are 13 modules and a final exam. Each module consists of study material and a quiz. Results are displayed after finishing each module quiz. The modules are stored in the user's account, so that the person can refer to them at a later date, if needed.
If you'd like the pay-as-you-go option, please choose the module(s) from the selection below and add it to the shopping cart. Complete your purchase. You will be prompted to create an online account. The module(s) will be stored in your account.
- 1: Rules, Regulations and Safety – Part I
- 2: Rules, Regulations and Safety – Part II
- 3: Anatomy & Physiology
- 4: Microbiology
- 5: Infection Prevention
- 6: Medical Terminology and Medical Procedures Involving Flexible Endoscopes
- 7: Workplace Design and Employee Safety in Endoscope Reprocessing
- 8: Cleaning
- 9: High-Level Disinfection
- 10: Processing Flexible Gastrointestinal Endoscopes and Bronchoscopes – Part I
- 11: Processing Flexible Gastrointestinal Endoscopes and Bronchoscopes – Part II
- 12: Processing Flexible Gastrointestinal Endoscopes and Bronchoscopes – Part III
- 13: Example of General Annual Competency Form and Medical Terminology
- Final Exam
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL of these modules are copyrighted. No one is permitted to copy or use any of the module information for personal use outside of this course at any time in any format (electronic, copy, etc).