ABOUT THIS EDUCATION COURSE
This online training course is an educational course. It is NOT a certification program. Upon successful completion of any SPU course, you will receive a Certificate of COMPLETION, which is not certification.
If you are interested in certification, contact the Certification Board for Sterile Processing or HSPA.
This program is designed for new or current Sterile Processing Personnel to educate them in the national standards and federal regulations that guide their practice to ensure safe and effective processing of medical and surgical devices. However, other personnel such as Peri-Operative Directors, Materials Managers and Infection Preventionists can also benefit from this course. The course covers all the core competency areas including regulations and standards, life sciences, decontamination equipment and practices, high-level disinfection, packaging materials and methods, care, handling, testing and inspection of surgical instruments and devices, sterilization (all methods), processing patient care equipment and sterile storage and distribution.
Purchase all the course modules at once by clicking the red button:
- This program ensures students or existing Sterile Processing Personnel receives education about current SPD practices as recommended by AAMI, FDA and regulatory agencies. National guidelines are also covered.
- This course can also be offered via webinar.
- All materials have been developed and/or given by Sterile Processing Management Personnel with a minimum of 10 years of experience in SPD.
Enrollment for multiple users:
Provides core competency education for all reprocessing activities.
Provides education with the most current standards and practices.
Facilitates staff responding to questions from surveyors when inspections are held.
Can lead to fewer errors in processing and unnecessary rework.
Can facilitate staff members becoming certified in SPD.
- Ensure Your Processing Staff is educated. This program ensures staff receive education on international SPD practices as recommended by AAMI.
- Each module and the final exam cost $20 each or $700 total. You do not pay for the entire course upfront, (but we give you the option if you want). You pay for each module as you go, making this more affordable for you. There is no time limit for completion of the course. You learn at your own pace.
- The regular price for courses like this ranges from $800 to over $1,200. This online course only costs $700, saving you a minimum of $100!
- There are no refunds, prices subject to change. Credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) accepted.
• Each module and the final exam cost $20 each or $700 total. You do not pay for the entire course upfront, (but we give you the option if you want). You pay for each module as you go, making this more affordable for you. There is no time limit for completion of the course. You learn at your own pace.
- At the end of each module, there is a quiz. The user is required to take all of the quizzes.
- There is a final exam at the end of the modules. A score of 70% or higher must be scored in order to award the certificate in education.
- If the user doesn't pass the final exam, then the final exam module will need to be purchased again.
- This education course caters to those just entering the SPD profession or in contemplation of becoming certified. The Technician Course is meant for those working in the SPD at a hospital/facility.
The modules for this course are based on the most current edition (7th edition) of The Basics of Sterile Processing textbook which was developed by Nancy Chobin (RN, CSPM, CFER) a Registered Nurse and is the President of Sterile Processing University, LLC. She has 40 years' experience in the sterile processing profession with the majority being in education and training.
Total cost of course: $700
Pay-as-you-go: Purchase a module for $20.00 each
The modules are to be taken in a specific order as each module builds on the information learned from the previous one. There are 31 modules, then the final exam. Each module consists of study material and a quiz. Results are displayed after finishing each module quiz. The modules are stored in the user's account, so that the person can refer to them at a later date, if needed.
If you'd like the pay-as-you-go option, please choose the module(s) from the selection below and add it to the shopping cart. Complete your purchase. You will be prompted to create an online account. The module(s) will be stored in your account.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL of these modules are copyrighted. No one is permitted to copy or use any of the module information for personal use outside of this course at any time in any format (electronic, copy, etc).
- 1: Roles & Responsibilities I
- 2: Roles & Responsibilities II
- 3: Anatomy & Physiology I
- 4: Anatomy & Physiology II
- 5: Microbiology
- 6: Infection Prevention
- 7: Decontamination I
- 8: Decontamination II
- 9: Decontamination III
- 10: Decontamination IV
- 11: Decontamination V
- 12: Decontamination VI
- 13: Disinfection Processes I
- 14: Disinfection Processes II
- 15: Processing Patient Care Equipment
- 16: Preparation and Packaging of Instruments and Devices I
- 17: Preparation and Packaging of Instruments and Devices II
- 18: Preparation and Packaging of Instruments and Devices III
- 19: Surgical Instruments and Special Devices I
- 20: Surgical Instruments and Special Devices II
- 21: Surgical Instruments and Special Devices III
- 22: Surgical Instruments and Special Devices IV
- 23: Sterilization I
- 24: Sterilization II
- 25: Sterilization III
- 26: Sterilization IV
- 27: Sterilization V
- 28: Sterilization VI
- 29: Sterile Storage and Distribution
- 30: APPENDIX A: MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY
- 31: ANATOMICAL AND PHYSIOLOGICAL TERMS, Abbreviations and Signs and Symbols
- Final Exam