ABOUT THIS EDUCATION COURSE
This online training course is an educational course. It is NOT a certification program. Upon successful completion of any SPU course, you will receive a Certificate of COMPLETION, which is not certification.
If you are interested in certification, contact the Certification Board for Sterile Processing or HSPA.
The Ambulatory Surgery Technician Course has been completely updated, with over 100 additional pages and 30+ photos to provide you with the most current information and standards to ensure you provide safe practices for patients.
For continuing education (CEUs), please see our "Inservice page" located here.
Purchase all the modules at once by clicking on the red button:
100% Online & Flexible
Start instantly and learn at your own schedule.
Pay as-you-go or for the entire course up front.
Receive your grade immediately after completing each quiz.
Study material is stored in the user's dashboard, in the account, for easy access.
• Each module and the final exam cost $20 each, $600 total. You do not pay for the entire course up front, (but we give you the option if you want). You pay for each module as you go making this more affordable for you. There is no time limit for completion of the course. You learn at your own pace.
• The regular price for courses like this ranges from $700 to over $1,200. This online course only costs $600, saving you a minimum of $100!
• There are no refunds, prices subject to change. Credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) accepted.
• Each module and the final exam cost $20 each, $600 total. You do not pay for the entire course upfront, (but we give you the option if you want). You pay for each module as you go, making this more affordable for you. There is no time limit for completion of the course. You learn at your own pace.
- At the end of each module, there is a quiz. The user is required to take all of the quizzes.
- There is a final exam at the end of the modules. A score of 70% or higher must be earned in order to award the certificate in education.
- If the user doesn't pass the final exam, then the final exam module will need to be purchased again.
•This educational course caters to those who work in a small SPD setting, like a veterinary office, dental setting, ambulatory surgery center etc.
The modules for this course are based on the most current edition (7th edition) of The Basics of Sterile Processing textbook which was developed by Nancy Chobin (RN, CSPM, CFER) a Registered Nurse and is the President of Sterile Processing University, LLC. She has 40 years' experience in the sterile processing profession with the majority being in education and training.
The modules are to be taken in a specific order as each module builds on the information learned from the previous one. There are 29 modules, then the final exam. Each module consists of study material and a quiz. Results are displayed after finishing each module quiz. The modules are stored in the user's account, so that the person can refer to them at a later date, if needed.
If you'd like the pay-as-you-go option, please choose the module(s) from the selection below and add it to the shopping cart. Complete your purchase. You will be prompted to create an online account. The module(s) will be stored in your account.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL of these modules are copyrighted. No one is permitted to copy or use any of the module information for personal use outside of this course at any time in any format (electronic, copy, etc).
- 1: Roles & Responsibilities I
- 2: Roles & Responsibilities II
- 3: Anatomy & Physiology I
- 4: Anatomy & Physiology II
- 5: Microbiology
- 6: Infection Prevention
- 7: Decontamination I
- 8: Decontamination II
- 9: Decontamination III
- 10: Decontamination IV
- 11: Decontamination V
- 12: Decontamination VI
- 13: Disinfection Processes I
- 14: Disinfection Processes II
- 15: Preparation and Packaging of Instruments and Devices I
- 16: Preparation and Packaging of Instruments and Devices II
- 17: Preparation and Packaging of Instruments and Devices III
- 18: Surgical Instruments and Specialty Devices I
- 19: Surgical Instruments and Specialty Devices II
- 20: Surgical Instruments and Specialty Devices III
- 21: Surgical Instruments and Specialty Devices IV
- 22: Sterilization I
- 23: Sterilization II
- 24: Sterilization III
- 25: Sterilization IV
- 26: Sterilization V
- 27: Sterilization VI
- 28: Sterile Storage and Distribution
- 29: APPENDIX A: MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY
- Final Exam